Frequently asked questions
This site is run by students living at Waldhaus.
We are elected representatives of the inhabitants. You can reach us via https://waldhaus-sb.de/contact/.
We are not the Studentenwerk. Solely the Studentenwerk is responsible for rental of apartments.
- the presidium are students, self-managing the dorms everyday life
- come to a meeting (first monday of each month) to learn more
- you are always welcome to ask the presidents for information
so you cannot sleep or study?
- go downstairs and ask the people to keep the noise down
- if noise continues write down their names/ room numbers and tell the caretaker the next day
- if noise comes from Heimbar (make sure it does!), contact the presidents and they will do their best
- at last instance you might think about earplugs as the social part is a very important part in the Studentenwohnheim
- also if there is no heimbar (Studentenwerk might close it if you complain there), the presidium has no possibility to pay for the washing maschines and has to shut them down
Contact the Heimpresidents, it costs you 5€ but they can unlock your door.
You may also call a professional locksmith, but this will cost you some hundrets of Euros.
- Join the gym-Whatsappgroup via invitelink
- look into the postbox of your predecessor
- contact the sportstutor directly to unlock the gym for you
- Did you restart your router?
- Did you reset your router?
- Did you plug it with another LAN cable into the socket in the wall?
- Is it connecting to other devices?
If all these things do not help or that “Saturn”-like looking light is orange or off feel free to contact our Netzwarte via the contact formular and add your MAC and IP adress as well as the operating system of your computer or laptop.
- Call him: 01590 / 40 83 762
- Write him email@example.com
- meet him at his office: Mo-Wed 9:00 – 9:30
- Check the washing rules here, then you’ll know what to do!